Friday, January 14, 2011

Least Favourite Movie

This question is easy as it is a movie that I just watched within the last year. Absolute disaster, at least in my eyes!

What movie?

Nine.


"Famous film director Guido Contini struggles to find harmony in his professional and personal lives, as he engages in dramatic relationships with his wife, his mistress, his muse, his agent, and his mother."
I didn't want to see this film - but the mother asked me to watch it with on dozens of occasions. Finally I relented as I had exhausted all other viewing materials at BlockBuster. 

I felt horrible while watching it because my mom seemed so.. enthralled with the movie. I kept getting up to get more water or using the washroom (even though I didn't need to..) Finally, she said 'can we just fast forward through the rest? This movie is terrible!!'

I think I looked at her with my mouth wide open. I told her I thought she was enjoying it, etc, and she said 'absolutely not'. Hallelujah choir piped in. I hit fast forward. There was still at least 60 minutes of garbage left. WTF. Daniel Day Lewis and an impressive ensemble cast and WE were that bored? 

A few friends of mine have brought it up from time to time: 'oh, I am thinking of watching Nine, how was it?' 'DON'T WATCH IT! You will be bored. You will scoop out your eyes! You will self-lobotomize! DO NOT WATCH!' - I think I get my point across quite well.

What is YOUR least favourite movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment