Sunday, October 7, 2012

Anything Film Related

Hmm.. what to talk about..

Oh! I know!

Foley artists and how much I freaking love them.

Nowadays, it is more streamlined and less.. in your face? Unless it is an explosion - then it can get pretty extreme. But in those beauty 80s films.. the foley artists just let you have it! I was watching 'Jack's Back' a few weeks ago, and I almost fell out off of the couch in sheer delight! The footstep sounds were so over the top - and any time someone was walking around, you knew it. So good!

Many probably don't enjoy it - such as my ma - who openly complained about how over the top the sounds were - but I feel that is what made them even better. What would I know? I'm just a doctor. (side note:not really - it is just something my sister and I say all the time).

I just feel that they don't get the respect that they deserve. I saw something before.. basically a mini-documentary on foley artists.. the guy was awesome! He had the most random things around his studio - and would be like 'oh, this staple gun and this bowling ball are used to make this sound'.. It was mind blowing to me at the time because I just figured that they just went with the sounds as is.. So young, so naive.

What are your views on foley artists??

No comments:

Post a Comment