Saturday, October 6, 2012

Scariest Movie You Have Ever Seen

"What's your favorite scary movie"
'Kazaam! You know, the one where Shaq plays a genie."
"That's not a scary (horror) movie."
"Yeah, well, you've never seen Shaq act!"

 I swear in the movie ghost face says that it's not a scary movie, but imdb says otherwise, hence the horror in brackets. I wanted to make sure I had that quote close to correct - I did.. other than that.. moving on!

Although this movie no longer scares me - most movies don't anymore (other than the random vertical leap or yelp) - I would have to say the scariest movie I have ever seen is..

The Exorcist III

If anyone is reading this and has seen that particular film, you're probably like "whhhhat?!?!?"

Ok. Story time.

When I was *ahem* quite a bit younger.. I woke up at 3am feeling awful.. when I feel awful, I curl up on the couch with a blanket and watch TV/a movie until I pass out, or get feeling more ill - which ever. Flicking around the channels, I land on The Exorcist III, but I don't know this. The TV Guide (yes, this was before digital cable had it all mapped out perfectly) said it was something completely different. In my sickly stupor, I start watching this film. ***Spoilers*** I see statues crying blood, I see a sheeted person follow a nurse out of a locked room with hedge clippers, and I see an old lady scuttling across ceilings like a fly.

I'm terrified.

Follow the next many, many year.. I bring up there parts of the movie in many conversations. No one ever knows what I'm talking about. I figure I have conjured up this movie in my dreams and that is that. Then, traveling through the horror sections at a movie store (aka a constantly perused section) - I finally pick up a copy of TEIII and low and behold, it says something about a woman crawling across the ceiling like a fly.

I take it home.. start watching it.. and almost turn it off because I did see one or two blood crying statues, but it didn't feel right. Just as I am about to turn it off, I see the sheet covered person come out from a locked room with hedge clippers. My heart stopped.

I have watched it so many times now that I'm more so numb to the affects that the movie once held over me. We're cool now! Sort of. It doesn't scare me as much.. but it still sort of does. Make sense?

What is the scariest movie you've ever seen??

No comments:

Post a Comment